Reiki or healing touch is an energy medicine which is also an alternative medicine for a healthy life. Historically, it has emerged in the 1800’s in Japan which involves the transfer of universal energy from the practitioner’s palms to their patient.
The word “Reiki” comes from the Japanese words “rei” (universal) and “ki” (life energy) which means “mysterious atmosphere, miraculous sign.”
Henceforth, the energy healing targets the energy fields around the body. For centuries, people claim to have benefitted from it.
In a survey in 2007, in the United States (U.S.) it was found that 1.2 million adults tried Reiki or a similar therapy at least once in the previous year. Therefore, it is popularly increasing nowadays but still, there is no scientific evidence.
View this post on Instagram
⚡️ The cost of not following Your Heart, is spending the Rest of Your Life Wishing You had…. God Bless to a FULLY BOOKED Week of Private One on One Healing Sessions, I am SO Blessed in what I assist, support and am here to do. xxx . . 🌟 Reiki & Wellness with Abbey Fox @reikiandwellness – Our All in One Healing: Amplified Energy Healing & Meditation Intuitive Guidance Kundalini Yoga Crystal Healing Psychic & Spiritual Development Chakra Balance Sound Bowl Healing Space Clearing Intention Setting Complete Reiki Training & Mentoring Wellness Retreats What more do you need ? Start 'Your Healing Journey.' Today. www.reikiandwellness.com.au . . . #spiritualawakening #reikimaster #om #satnam #namaste #consciousness #hippievibes #liveauthentic #reikihealing #reikiteacher #mindfulness #crystalhealing #chakras #spiritualpath #evolution #meditation #reiki #kundalini #heartspace #soul #essence #esoteric #healer #reiki #chakrabalance #energyworker
How does it benefits?
The power of #reiki amazes me. I feel rejuvenated every time I work on a client ⭐— Amanda McGee (@intuitive_light) August 22, 2018
Reiki is an energy healing process where the practitioners release the energy that remains blocked in the body and cause illness.
This healing process helps the energy to flow and remove blocks. This release of energy can help in relaxation, reduce pain, speed healing, and reduce other symptoms of illness.
It also refers to as palm healing or hands-on healing.
What happens in a Reiki session?
In order to practise Reiki, it needs a peaceful setting where the patient sits comfortably in a chair or lie on a table. It involves a soft music as per the preference of the patient.
Then, the practitioner places their hands lightly on or over specific areas of the head, limbs, and torso using different hand shapes, for between 2 and 5 minutes.
In case of injuries, such as a burn, the practitioners’ places hands just above the wound.
Reiki techniques for a healthy life
The techniques involved have names such as:
- extracting harmful energies
- smoothing and raking the aura
- Crystal and chakra healing wands also enable the practitioners healing or protect a home from negative energy.
The normal sessions last between 15 and 90 minutes depending on the patient. Therefore, it may accomplish in one session or even it requires a series of sessions to heal.
The Reiki practitioners meditate, channelling the universal energy known as qi, pronounced “chi” which in India is known as “prana”. This energy is also involved in tai chi exercise. It is the life force energy that some belief surrounds all of us.
Experts say that Reiki is not measurable by modern scientific techniques but it can be felt by many who tune in to it.
- Stress reduction and relaxation are one of its greatest health benefits. It triggers the body’s natural healing abilities(immune system) which also aids in better sleep.
- Reiki balances the mind and emotions. Eventually, it brings inner peace and harmony which is a valuable tool for spiritual growth
- It also relieves emotional distress and sorrowfor a healthy life.
- Reiki helps in healing physical illness like relieving pain from a migraine, arthritis, sciatica. It also helps with symptoms of asthma, even in chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
- Reiki helps in speedy recovery from surgery or long-term illness.
- It relieves other illness like are cancer, heart disease, chronic pain, infertility, neurodegenerative disorders, autism, Crohn’s disease, fatigue syndromes.
The Reiki healing relieves the cancer patients as they get to relax after overwhelming invasive therapy, fear and stress.