Navaratri is the season where everybody unites with his or her family to enjoy the season with great enthusiasm. Along with unlimited fun, this season can also help us to lose weight.
Almost every people in their life is trying to lose weight. This season can help us to lose weight because during this season we keep fast which helps to shed weight.
Navratri fasting is a tool to lose weight and get a beautiful waistline.
Navratri is a holy time related with fasting and detoxification of the body. But most people make a mistake in this festive season, and most of the time it becomes the fest of deep fry for them. It leads to weight gain.
During this season everybody with their family hangout to visit the pandals to see the beautiful decorations of the idols of Goddess Durga. This season is also a season of food; it is because in this season people go to restaurants or food corners with families or friends to enjoy different kinds of food items. Their mouth fills with water, and they can’t control themselves from feeding upon the spicy items. It can be dangerous to their struggle of losing weight.
Views of the Dietitian
As said by Dr Loveneet Batra, a nutritionist at Fortis Hospital, Noida “People often make a huge mistake by eating a big meal at the start of the day. While you are fasting, you should have small meals unless you are observing nirjala fast (fasting without even drinking water)”.
Dr Batrahas explained that “The idea is to restock the body, to give it some rest. So, if you keep eating fast food, that (detoxification) won’t happen. Hence, stick to real food, which is natural in its form.”
Tips to remain healthy in this Navaratri by fasting!
- Drinking water, Juice helps to hydrate the body which is essential in losing weight.
- Try to avoid packaged food and have small snakes in every move
- After 2 to 3 hours, have a little snack but avoid packaged food. Stick to diets like fruits, makhana, yoghurt, and milk. Also, eat small portions of food at a time.
- People also tend to over drink tea or coffee during a fast. But try to avoid both too.
- Intake of the high amount of protein can help in maintaining a healthy weight