Methi Chicken is one of the most popular Hyderabadi cuisines. The combination of methi or fenugreek and chicken gives it a distinct flavour.
This recipe is enriched with protein and fresh methi leaves are rich in calcium, potassium and iron. However, it’s a superbly healthy dish which looks beautiful and tastes delicious.
The health benefits you can get from fenugreek are as follows:
- A good agent in reducing bad cholesterol from the body.
- Purifies the blood and helps in flushing out the harmful toxins.
- Useful in improving memory power too.
- Very effective in losing weight.
- Also prevent wrinkles, blackheads, pimples, dryness and rashes.
- Moreover, it also helps in preventing dandruff, keeps the hair lice free and makes it black and shiny.
It goes well with rice, rotis and paratha. Treat yourself with this exuberant dish this weekend
- 4 Pieces Boneless Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Curd
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 Nos Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 2 Nos Tomato
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 Black cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi, soaked
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Cup Water
Marinating the chicken:
1. Take chicken pieces in a deep bowl.
2. Add lemon juice, red chilli powder, salt and ginger garlic paste. Mix them thoroughly with bare hands.
3. Keep aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
Prepare the gravy:
1. Take curd in a bowl, add red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder.
2. Whisk it thoroughly.
3. Now in a pan of hot oil, put the onion and saute till golden brown. Grind it to make a paste.
4. In the same pan, in some oil put the marinated chicken and pan fry it till golden brown and a bit crisp.
5. Now put bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon in a hot il pan and saute for a while.
6. Add ginger garlic paste, saute some more and put chopped tomato, kasoori methi and the prepared curd mix.
7. Mix them well and add the onion paste. Mix thoroughly.
8. Now add the fried chicken and mix it with the gravy till the pieces are completely coated.
9. Add green chilli and water, mix well. Bring to simmer.
10. Put kasoori methi over and cover the pan to cook for a while.
11. Open the pan when the curry starts to simmer a bit and the excess water is evaporated.
12. Mix a little and serve hot.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.