Astronomy is the study of everything that is there in the space like sun, moon, stars, planets, comets, etc. When you stare at the night sky, you are looking at the universe. Everything is inside the world, even us, and it is impossible to imagine how big the universe is. For thousands of years, humans are studying the details of stars, planets, and galaxies. Today we will find some fascinating and interesting facts about space that are unknown to you.
Some Amazing and fascinating space facts
1. You can cry in space, but your tears don’t fall.
2. Olympus moon, which is three times higher than the Mount Everest, is the highest mountain known to man and is located on Mars.
3. Do you know if you go to space, the skin on your feet will peel off?
4. Only half a billionth of the energy released by the sun reaches Earth.
5. You become taller in space.
6. Space is entirely silent.
7. Every year an asteroid about a car’s size enters Earth’s atmosphere– but it burns up before it reaches us.
8. You can’t walk on Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus or Neptune because they have no solid surface.
9. The distance of Space from earth isn’t that far away. If you could drive your car upwards, you could be in the space in less than an hour.
Fun facts about Universe
10. The Sun is so big that you can fit almost One million Earth inside it.
11. The step that you put on the moon will remain there forever.
12. The sun is larger than the moon by 40000 times. However, the Sun is 400 times away from Earth, which makes them appear the same size.
13. Seasons last 21 years on Uranus while each pole has 42 years of sunlight followed by 42 years of darkness.
14. A single day on Venus is longer than an entire year on Earth.
15. If you want to make a trip to Pluto, it will take more than 800 years to fly there.
16. The sunset on Mars appears blue.
Interesting facts about space
17. The star Lucy in the constellation Centaurus is a substantial cosmic diamond of 10 billion trillion carats.
18. Mars surface is covered with iron oxide (rust).
19. Do you know every year, the moon is moving away from Earth by 3.8 centimetres?
20. You can see almost 8000 stars with your naked eye from Earth.
Aren’t these facts fascinate you to know about our astronomy and universe more? These are just a few facts which I am sure you didn’t know before. Search the internet, and you will find more such amazing facts about our awesome Universe.