The entire Indian Armed Forces stand to safeguard us through all the odds. We can never thank them enough for what they do for us, and for the country. They have earned much respect for their contributions to save the lives of civilians. So, here are a few more facts which will increase your respect for the Indian army.
Marvellous facts about Indian army
1. The Indian Army guards the Siachen Glacier which is the world’s highest battlefield at 5000 metres above the mean sea level (MSL). Here soldiers have to survive in the minus 60-degree temperature and 10% oxygen. Instead of such adverse weather, the passion of soldiers for serving their country remains intact.
2. Our Armed Force is the World’s Biggest Voluntary Army which means the forced recruitment is not practised in the Indian Army. There is such provision in the Constitution of India of forced recruitment but never executed.
3. Our Army made the World Record for accepting the most extensive military surrender. On 16 December 1971, Pakistan Army of 93,000 soldiers surrendered to victorious India and was taken as POWs (Prisoners of War).
Facts that blow your mind
4. Adolf Hitler desired the Gurkha Regiment of Indian Army because he believed that if he has Gurkha Regiment, his army can conquer Germany.
5. Indian Army never initiated war with any country or involved in any.
6. Indian Army doesn’t recruit by any reservations of caste and religion unlike other governmental organisations in India.
7. Indian Military Academy of Dehradun and Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School of Mizoram trains the foreign armies of the UK, US and Russia.
8. Indian Army faced only two casualties in the Battle of Longewala fought between India and Pakistan in the year 1971. Bollywood movie Border is based on this battle.
Indian army facts that will fill your heart with pride
9. The youngest Indian sepoy Kamal Ram received the highest award of the United Kingdom that is ‘Victoria’s Cross’. He got the award when he was just 19 years old for the bravery that he had shown in World War II.
10. Indian Army carried out one of the biggest civilian rescue operation ‘Operation Rahat’ in the year 2013 with the help of Indian Air Force.
11. President’s Bodyguard that was set up in the year 1773 is the oldest regiment in the Indian Armed forces. The soldiers of President’s Bodyguard gets trained as Paratroopers.
12. In August 1982, our army built the world’s highest bridge ‘The Bailey Bridge’ in Ladakh valley between Suru and Dras rivers.
So, these are some unusual facts about our Indian army that will definitely make you salute them with pride. Our thanks and acknowledgements to the Indian Army that India still maintains its status with proud.
We salute you, Indian Army.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.